Visitor Expectations at Minerva Cemeteries
The cemeteries are available to visit from dawn to dusk.
Respect the graves by not damaging the graves or decorations.
Drive safely and carefully through the cemetery.
OLD MINERVA CEMETERY
Old Minerva Cemetery, also known as Valley St. Cemetery is located on Valley St. It is the Village’s oldest cemetery. The Pennock family that lived in Minerva, Ohio, are buried at this cemetery. They formed a partnership to invent a box car to go on trains. Minerva Ann Taylor is also buried at Old Minerva Cemetery. She is an important person because the town was named after her.
Plaines Cemetery is a burial ground in Columbiana County, one mile east of Minerva. This cemetery used to be called the McKinley Cemetery because the farm across the road was owned by President William Mckinley
EAST LAWN CEMETERY
East Lawn Cemetery is located in the village of Minerva by the Minerva Elementary School on Line Street. East Lawn Cemetery was open in 1803, and is still in use today.
The Village is operated by a council-administrator form of government and is elected by the community. The council ensures everyone is served equally. The administrator builds partnerships among community resources to solve community problems.
Minerva Village Council Current Information
Mayor Jim Waller
Council Members Include
Mason Boldizar, Elliott Hannen, Tim Tarbet,
also Deputy Mayor and Becky Stoller.
Council Meet Time
The council meets on the second and fourth
Tuesdays of each month. 7:30 p.m. at the village hall at 209 Market St.
All meets open to the public
To contact call: 330-868-7705
Resources: Village Council Village of Minerva
New council and mayor take office in January 2020